Fresh Corn Salad
Note by Phyllis Brown: Corn Salad is an excellent use of fresh corn! Our garden is too small to grow corn, but on their farm my sister and her husband have almost everything! Farmers’ markets always have a good supply of corn, too! It is an economical yet tasty dish!
- 8 ears cooked corn
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1 cup tiny red cherry tomatoes
- 8 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- black pepper
- 4 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- olive oil
Cut corn from cob. Place corn, red onion, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and basil in a bowl. Add salt and pepper. Add champagne vinegar and a good drizzle of olive oil. Mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Enjoy!