Note by Phyllis Brown: Our family eats soup year round. It makes a nourishing meal irregardless of the weather!
Tomato and Cannellini Bean Soup
- 3 – 19 oz. cans cannellini beans
- 2 – 14 oz. cans vegetable broth
- 3 oz. sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large leek
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- 3 or 4 handfuls of baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- sea salt
Chop garlic and leek. Saute in olive oil in a large pan for 3 minutes. Add beans and broth. Cut sun-dried tomatoes in small pieces and add to pan. Peel and chop tomatoes, add. Bring to a boil, then turn to low heat and simmer 30 minutes. Add spinach and spices. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook an additional ten minutes. Enjoy!