An award, an award – my kingdom for an award! You have been far too kind in the last month or so nominating me for awards! And now Marie, at My Little Corner of Rhode Island, has nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger award! It made me smile that she mentioned cooking and Middle Earth in the same sentence! How cool is that? I fell in love with Marie’s blog the first time I visited – and saw gorgeous pictures of her gardens – long, slim beds with brick walkways! This is our dream of a back yard. Perhaps one day! And I love Marie’s outlook on life! I raise my glass to her!
Now comes the part where I tell you ten things about myself you don’t know. Hm, I’ve already done this for one award, but let’s see what I can come up with.
1. I have at least 346 cookbooks – yes, I just tried to count them and I’m sure I missed a few along the way! And the doesn’t include the 150 I sold to Half-Price a few years ago. Some are very old, some are new – I love getting an idea for a recipe, then making it my own!
2. I’ve been the finance officer for a local school system for 21 years. I like my job, but it does take up quite a bit of my time! Can you tell I’m longing for retirement?
3. I’m probably the only person you know with photo albums and SD cards with just gravestone photos – at least 2,000 total! But I’m a genealogist – not a lunatic!
4. My favorite colors are purple and green.
5. My birthday is June 30th and I know very few people born on that day – is that lucky or unlucky? Even with all the people in my genealogy file there are only one or two. Strange.
6. I could read all day given the chance – but I find very little time for it. Histories are my favorite, biographies – I’m always sad to get to the end of the book – I’ve come along on such a journey through each life, and then come to the final moments. David McCullough is one of my favorite authors.
7. I dearly love my KitchenAid mixer!
8. Old Kentucky Chocolates makes the very best dark chocolate covered grapes. Ritchey, tomorrow is Monday – dark chocolate day – shouldn’t we make a trip to the big city?
9. I am the oldest of five – I have three sisters and one brother.
10. I love to have my picture taken with my hubby!
I hope you didn’t fall asleep! Now to pass the award on to those who have not received it.
Back Road Journal – Karen has beautiful recipes to share, as well as travels – you feel as if you are tagging along!
Rufus’ Food and Spirits Guide – Greg and Katherine have such wonderful and varied recipes and it’s just such a fun blog!
The Southern Lady Cooks – Judy is a also Kentuckian, and really knows everything about southern cooking!